- Sleeps 5 in 3 bedrooms – double, twin and single
- Children, over the age of 15 years
- Pets – yes (free of charge)
- Smoking – no
- Start day – Saturday
- Price range – £560 – £690
- Bedlinen provided
- Teacloths provided but not bathroom towels
- TV with basic Sky package
- Private parking for 2 cars
- Free Wi-fi broadband – downloading restrictions apply
- Telephone – with dial out restrictions
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 fridges with iceboxes
- Bathroom with WC and shower over bath
- Cloakroom with second WC cum utility cum back lobby
- Electric night storage heaters plus wall mounted electric heaters and a mock electric ‘woodburner’
The Malthouse is a beautiful character property attached to an old store on one side and a quaint little office selling small river craft on the other. Neither are noisy or bustling with activity yet you are near to the Riverside and to the centre of the charming market town of Woodbridge, with its superb range of shops, attractions, cafes and restaurants.
Upon entry, the hall leads to the bathroom on the right – with WC, wash basin and a bath with electric shower over. To the left, the cloakroom / utility room houses the washing machine, tumble dryer and a fridge and a back door with two steps down into an enclosed garden which is mainly laid to lawn.
From the entrance hall, 9 stairs with a handrail take you up into the main open plan living area with a large picture window looking out over the Quay and the River Deben. There is a built-in kitchen with electric cooker, microwave, slimline dishwasher and a second fridge with icebox. Ample cooking and dining equipment is provided. There is a dining table and chairs and the living area has comfortable soft seating. The large flat screen TV receives Sky and is connected to the DVD player. The Wi-fi router is located on the telephone table in the corner of the room. There is a radio and a radio/cd player in two of the bedrooms. Radio stations can also be listened to via the television and CDs via the DVD player.
From the living room, there are 12 open tread stairs with a banister leading up to the single bedroom in the pointed roof. There is no door closing this room off but it is the most popular bedroom due to the calming views down the river!
Alternatively, 5 stairs with a handrail take you from the entrance hall down to two bedrooms – one double and the other with 2 single beds. Both bedrooms have ample clothes storage in small built-in wardrobes, chest of drawers and bedside tables.
The Malthouse has two allocated parking spaces next to the small, enclosed private sun trap front garden.